About the University Tutorial Center handout: Click here
Our Services and Center are:
- Free to all current Cal State LA students.
- Available through one-on-one appointment, walk-In, or online basis.
- Successful in developing skills, increasing knowledge, and understanding course subject matter, as reported by over 98% of the students tutored.
- Staffed with helpful and friendly office assistants and qualified, trained, faculty-recommended peer tutors certified by the International Tutor Certification Program of the College Reading and Learning Association [CRLA Certification].
- Funded by the Division of Academic Affairs and the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP).
- Funded by the Student Success Fee.
The Tutors will:
- Assist you in a collaborative & interactive fashion to gain independence and confidence as a learner.
- Not do your homework for you but enable and encourage you to do your own work
- Help develop your knowledge, understanding, and skills in a variety of courses in such fields as business, mathematics, the natural sciences, and humanities.
- Help improve your time management, note-taking, and test-taking skills through study skills workshops/presentations.