Interested in joining the OL team?
- Log onto Handshake and create a profile.
- Find the Orientation Leader job listing.
- Click "apply externally."
- Upload the Career Developmenet Center application ONLY.
- Click "apply externally"again so it will be sent to our department (New Student and Parent Programs)
- Then, submit your supplemental application and letter of recommendation to the New Student and Parent Programs office, Student Affairs Building, room 106. You may also email the supplemental application and letter of recommendatoin to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello! I’m Theora Brown, Orientation Leader Coordinator! I returned to Cal State LA in Fall 2016 to finish my BA in Communication Disorders with a minor in Pan African Studies. I have been working with NSPP for two years and am enjoying my interactions with potential students as well as our incoming freshmen and transfer students.
My name is Kim and I am a third year Psychology major with a minor in Rehabilitation Services. My hobbies include reading, hanging out with friends and exploring. My advice to you all is to get involved! I guarantee that it will open many doors for you as It did for me.
Hello everyone my name is Laura A. Cortes Morales. Along with being a first generation college student I am also a DACA recipient. I am currently finishing up my B.A. My major is English with a minor in Latin American Studies.
My words to live by are: Si Se Puede!
Greetings, everyone! I am a first-year graduate student at Cal State LA studying English Literature. When I’m not at work or at school, I enjoy long walks in the park, taking pictures, trying new restaurants and browsing for books in bookshops. I am looking forward to Orientation for the summer!
Hello all, this year I’m graduating with my degree in sociology! To continue my immense passion for education, I hope to pursue a master’s degree and one day become a professor of sociology. Fun fact: I dream of creating a television show and voice acting for one of the characters.
Hello, Candy here! I am a criminal justice and sociology major with minors in psychology and political science. I'm getting ready to graduate and dealing with the frustrations of applying to graduate school. I am involved in multiple aspects of campus life, so if you have any questions, just ask me!