Note: If you will be enrolling through the College of Extended Studies and International Programs (CESIP) or the English Language Program (ELP) please refer to the CESIP and ELP information below.
All new students are required to provide the Student Health Center with acceptable proof (i.e., a written document signed and dated by a licensed healthcare provider) of measles, rubella and hepatitis B immunization.
Exemption Notice: The following students are exempt from this requirement:
- Students born in 1982 or later (1983, 1984, etc.) who attended a public school in California.
- Students born prior to December 31, 1956.
For additional information, see Immunization Requirements for New Students.
English Language Program and International Students
All new and returning English Language Program (ELP) and international students are required to provide the Student Health Center with acceptable proof (i.e., a written document signed and dated by a licensed healthcare provider) of measles, rubella and hepatitis B immunization; and verification of a negative tuberculosis (TB) skin test or chest x-ray taken within the last year.
Immunization and freedom from tuberculosis verification must be submitted on the Health Requirements for Registration Clearance form the first day of the first quarter of attendance. Note: Please take this form to your doctor for completion before leaving your country.
Housing residents have two health requirements which must be completed prior to move in:
- TB Clearance: Housing residents must provide proof they are free of tuberculosis or that they are not at high risk for tuberculosis and require a TB test. Prospective residents have two options to complete this requirement:
- Meningococcal Disease: Housing residents must also read, sign and return the Off to College meningococcal disease fact sheet to the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
For additional information, click on Housing and Residence Life.
Submission of Acceptable Proof
Students who have acceptable proof of immunization and negative TB screening may mail, FAX or hand carry verifications to the Student Health Center. Our mailing address is Student Health Center, Cal State LA, 5151 State University Drive, L.A., CA 90032-8411, Attention: Medical Records. Our fax number is (323) 343-6557.
Be sure to include your:
- Date of birth
- Semester for which clearance is requested