The Student Health Center (SHC) staff cares about overall patient care, the services we provide and how they are provided to you. We aim to continually strive to improve our services. As our patients, you can tell us how we are doing in our efforts to provide the best possible health care by completing a Patient Satisfaction Form. These confidential forms are available throughout the SHC. Your feedback is appreciated.
To provide the best possible care to you, we ask that you participate in your care by recognizing your rights and adhering to your responsibilities as our patient.
As our patient, you have the right to:
- Receive considerate, respectful, inclusive, and nondiscriminatory care from SHC health care providers and staff.
- Privacy and confidentiality.
- Access to your medical records as allowed by law and regulations.
- Be informed about your health condition and associated treatment(s) in understandable terms.
- Be informed of the risks and benefits of proposed treatments.
- Know the professional credentials of your SHC health care provider.
- Know about possible fees associated with your care.
- Seek another opinion before making any decision.
- Express concerns, offer suggestions, or make complaints to the SHC administration.
As our patient, you have the responsibility to:
- Present accurate identification and current contact information.
- Provide full and accurate details of your medical history and/or health concern.
- Keep appointments or notify the SHC in advance to cancel or reschedule.
- Pose questions and discuss concerns with your SHC health care provider regarding your care and to accept the consequences for not complying with the care plan.
- Follow prescribed treatment plans, including the use of on or off-campus resources when needed.
- Be aware of the health effects of lifestyle and to strive to be healthy.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of other patients.
- Be considerate towards other patients and SHC personnel.
- Comply with SHC and University policies and procedures.
*Printer friendly version of Patient Satisfaction, Rights & Responsibilities