The Annex Link, located in Simpson Tower E191, is the campus 24/7 Open Access Lab. Students can meet-up with their study groups to work on projects in the smart room or group study room, use computers, and access printing and copier services at any time, day or night. In addition, Macs and PCs with updated software provide students with the necessary resources to achieve their academic goals.
Annex Link Availability:
- Open 24/7 Help Desk telephone and walk-in support available except semester breaks and intersession
- Closed during University holidays
- Stop by in-person or call the Annex Link at 323-343-2595
Fall 2019 Semester
- Tuesday August 20 - Fall semester starts, open from 7 a.m.
- Sunday September 1 - Close at 11 p.m.
- Monday September 2 - Labor Day (closed)
- Tuesday September 3 - Open from 7 a.m.
- Sunday November 10 - Close at 11 p.m.
- Monday November 11 - Veterans Day (closed)
- Tuesday November 12 - Open from 7 a.m.
- Wednesday November 27 - Close at 11 p.m.
- Thursday November 28 - Thanksgiving Holiday (closed)
- Friday November 29 - Open from 9 a.m.
- Friday November 29 through Sunday December 1 - Open from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Monday December 2 - Open from 7 a.m.
- Tuesday December 10 through Monday December 16 - Final Exams
- Monday December 16 - Closed for term break at 6 p.m.
- Sunday December 17 through Tuesday January 1, 2020 - Closed
24/7 Technology Help Desk (except intersession): Full-time help desk staff are available in the Annex Link to respond promptly to general technology questions and issues regarding campus accounts (GET, MyCalStateLA ID), campus Wi-Fi access, Moodle, email, some basic software applications and IT technical questions that don't require third-party assistance for remediation. Users can now get many of their questions answered and problems resolved without having to wait until the next business day. Stop by in-person or call the 24/7 help desk at 323-343-6170. ITS Help Desk in-person services are still available during normal business hours in the Library Palmer Wing Lobby (LPW Lobby).
Late Night Safety Precautions: The safety of our students and staff in the lab is a priority. Annex Link doors will be locked between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. Users must slide their valid Cal State L.A. One Card to enter the Annex Link during this time. Access will not be granted to any student without his or her One Card or to anyone attempting to use an invalid card. Students can obtain a Cal State L.A. One Card from the Golden Eagle Service Center, GE 220 during normal business hours, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Food and Beverages: Food is not allowed in any OAL computer area, lounge, smart room or in any areas with University computers or other electronic equipment.
Exception: Between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. only, food and drinks in spill-proof containers are allowed solely in the Annex Link group study room. In order to maintain a clean study environment, students are expected to put away or properly discard any food and drinks before re-entering the main lab. Please be courteous and clean up after yourself so that the next students using this room will have a clean study environment.