Spring Move-in

We welcome you to Cal State LA and are looking forward to you moving in! The information below will assist you in transitioning into our housing community. We recommend you review the following: License Agreement 2017–2018 (hereafter “Agreement”), Student Guide 2017–2018 and Rates and Dates. Please note that as part of your Agreement, you will be held accountable for following the policies, rules and regulations set in the aforementioned documents.


In order to be eligible to check in to your spring 2018 housing assignment, you must have completed the following:

  •   Registered for Spring 2018 Classes (Undergraduate:12 units or more & Graduate: 8 units or more)
  •   TB Clearance (Proof you are free of tuberculosis by Health Center)
  •   Housing Fees Paid by payment due dates on GET (Room, Board, Program Fees)
  •   Medical Consent Form (Residents who are under 18 years old only)

Also, make sure to review the following:

  •   Review the What To Bring, What Not To Bring List.
  •   Bring a portable cart or dolley to assist you as carts are limited.
  •   Be prepared to purchase your Residential Parking Permit (may not be purchased online).
  •   Make sure you to get your Cal State LA One Card at the One Card Office. If you have a Meal Plan, you'll need this in order to eat! You'll also use your card in the library and bookstore.


If you satisfy all the requirements of the "Move-In Ready Check List," you may check in at the Housing and Residence Life Office located in Phase II on Friday, January 19, 2018 between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.* 

*If you are unable to check in on Friday, January 19, 2018, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., you will need to check in the following week during regular office hours, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. 


Upon arriving, you will go through the following steps:   

  • Arrive to Lot 7 on campus (entrance on Paseo Rancho Castilla). If you do not have a Cal State LA Parking Permit, you'll need to purchase a daily parking permit from the dispensing machine in Lot 7. Parking is enforced 24/7.
  • Walk to the Housing and Residence Life Office, located in Phase II.
  • At the office, you will:
  1. Present your identification (Cal State LA ID, passport, driver’s license or state ID).
  2. Sign a copy of your 20172018 License Agreement.
  3. Sign and receive a copy of your Apartment Condition Report.
  4. Obtain and sign for your keys. Once you have your keys, you can move in to your apartment (that same day or in the days to follow at your own pace).  


All residents must make their out-of-pocket payments prior to arriving on campus. Failure to satisfy all required payments will make the student ineligible for fall check-in.

Payment Options

  1. Check or Money Order: Please bring your check or money order to the Cal State LA Cashier’s Office (ADM 128). You must include on the check or money order the student’s name, campus identification number (CIN), and "Spring 2018 Housing."
  2. Online (Credit, Debit, E-Check): Please log on to CASHNet to make your online payment. Here's the full link: https://commerce.cashnet.com/csulapay.
  3. Cash: Please bring a cash payment to the Cal State LA Cashier’s Office (ADM 128). We recommend that you keep and maintain a copy of your receipt.
  4. International Currency Payments (Credit Card or Bank Transfer): Please go to Flywire to make your payment using a foreign debit or credit card, international wire transfer, or other local payment options from your home country. First-time users will be asked to create a Flywire user account. The system will provide you with instructions throughout the process. Here’s the full link: https://www.flywire.com/pay/csulosangeles.


Students may add a Meal Plan at any time during the academic year. If you want to change or cancel your Meal Plan, you must do so prior to our official opening of the residence halls. For the spring 2018 semester, requests must be submitted in writing by Thursday, January 18, 2018.  


Students requesting to cancel their License Agreement may do so by submitting the Petition to Cancel Form.If submitted after Tuesday, December 19, 2017, approved cancellations will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee and may incur daily prorated charges. 


Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to change students’ assignments prior to the beginning of the contract period in the interest of housing demand, to accommodate students registered with the Office of Student Disabilities or for the benefit of the educational environment. 


  • Residential Parking Lot: The parking lot for residents is adjacent to the housing complex (inside the fenced area, lot 7A). If you plan to use this lot, a residential parking permit is required. Parking rules are enforced 24/7. You can purchase a residential parking permit from the Parking and Transportation Service Center. If you purchased a non-residential parking permit at the time you registered for classes, you need to exchange it for a residential one at the Parking and Transportation Service Center.

  • Make Space for Your Roommates: Your roommates may arrive later than you. Please don’t spread your belongings to the vacant space in your room and make sure your room and apartment is ready for a new resident to move in at any time. If your belongings get in the way of another student moving in, you may be charged and subject to disciplinary action.  

  • Mail: When you check in, we’ll give you a mailbox and combination. You’ll share the mailbox with the people with whom you share a bedroom. To prevent mail theft, don’t share your mailbox combination with anyone else. There are two mail rooms located in housing for its residents: the Phase I Mail Room is located in the Community Center and the Phase II Mail Room is located next to the housing office.  

  • Don’t lose your keys! You’re responsible for keeping track of the two keys we assign you when you move in: a core key that key unlocks the front door of your apartment and a bedroom key that unlocks your bedroom door. You’re responsible for reporting lost or stolen keys them immediately, as it is a safety and access concern. You will be charged a replacement fee.

  • Work Orders: If something breaks or is not working in your apartment, please fill out a Work Order. Once you log in, just click on the Maintenance tab and fill out your Work Order.

  • Keep Our Community Safe!  The safety and security of our residents is of primary concern to the Housing and Residence Life staff. Please keep the following in mind:  

    • Keep your door locked at all times.
    • Do not give or lend your keys to anyone, including your housemates. This violates your Agreement.  
    • When leaving your apartment or going to sleep, make sure your windows and sliding doors are locked, and remember to close your blinds.
    • Tell your housemates where you are going and if you will be leaving for an extended time.
    • Report any suspicious persons or activities to campus police.
    • Always lock your front door and carry your keys with you.
    • The University is not liable for damaged or stolen belongings. You may wish to consider purchasing insurance such as GradGuard, National Student Services Inc., or Sallie Mae Insurance Services.