EOP is available to graduating high school seniors and upper division undergraduate college transfer students with 60 or more transferable units. You are eligible for EOP if:
- You are a California resident or qualify for AB540/2000 nonresident tuition exemption.
- Neither parent has received a four-year college degree.
- Your family meets the EOP Income Guidelines.
How to apply
To apply for EOP, you must complete Cal State Apply (our application is integrated within) during our application period, October 1 through November 30.
You will need your parent’s income information.
Step 1 — Click “YES”
Cal State Apply will offer you the opportunity to indicate your interest in EOP.
- Click “YES” if you are interested.
- You will be prompted to answer questions specific to the EOP program. These are critical and we advise you to fill them out as thoughtfully and thoroughly as possible.
Step 2 — Letters of Recommendation
Cal State Apply will request the names and email addresses of two people who will provide letters of recommendation.
- Provide the names and emails of two recommenders: one academic and one professional, or two academic.
- Cal State Apply will email your recommenders a link to an online form.
- Letters of recommendation are due by January 15, 2019.
— Make sure you input the correct email address.
— Recommenders can only submit their letter using the email address you provide.
— Family members cannot submit letters of recommendation.
Step 3 — Transcripts
Once you submit your application, send EOP your unofficial high school or college transcript(s):
- High school transcripts up through the first semester of senior year.
- Transfers must submit transcripts from all institutions up through their most recent fall term.
- Transcripts are due by January 15, 2019.
Transcripts must be submitted to the EOP Admissions office (not the University Admissions office).
Step 4 — Follow up
It is your responsibility to follow up with the EOP Admissions office to complete your file and to make sure that all of your documents have been received
For questions, contact EOP Admissions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (323)343-3214.