NOTICE: Beginning Summer 2019, all courses will be offered exclusively on Canvas. Only Moodle archives will be available after Spring 2019.
A Moodle URL resource can be use to make links to available online content. The links can be to websites, specific webpages, documents, videos, and other materials that can be linked to on the web.
Why use URL resources
Adding a URL resource in Moodle will allow students to visit rich online materials that further supports your course content. You can use online content to clear confusion, misconceptions, and develop deeper thinking.
How to add a URL resource
- Log in to your Moodle course.
- Click on Gear Menu on the top right of your course.
- Click Turn editing on, located in the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Add an activity or resource link on the section where the URL resource will be added.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Add and activity or resource dialog window.
- Click on the radio button next to URL to select the resource.
- Click on the Add button.
- Provide a Name, and External URL (web link address with http:// included).
- Click on the Save and return to course when you are finished.
Note: by default URL resource links will open in a new browser window (tab).