Submitting Transcripts/Test Scores to Admissions

students in lecture

Requested documents must be submitted by a term’s established document deadlines. 

Official Transcripts/Academic Records

(SPECIAL NOTICE: If you are a current (or former) Cal State LA student, the Cal State LA transcript does not need to be submitted.)

Academic transcripts/academic records must include an applicant’s full academic record of all courses taken, grades received, honors received, and degrees conferred. An official transcript is prepared and sent to Cal State LA by the issuing educational institution. If submitting paper/hard copies of official transcripts, the document should be printed on the issuing institution’s official paper/letterhead and sealed by the institution in an envelope.

Transcripts must be received by Cal State LA within one year of the document’s issuing/print date (or within two years for international academic records).

Opened, or old, transcripts will be considered unofficial, and will not be used to complete an applicant’s admissions file.

(NOTE: The University does not accept documents/academic records for admissions related purposes via fax or email. They will be destroyed without review if received via one of these methods.)

Electronic Transcripts

Cal State LA is accepting electronic transcripts from the following institutions:

  • Bakersfield College
  • Berkeley City College
  • Cerritos College
  • Cerro Coso Community College
  • Chaffey College
  • College of Alameda
  • College of the Canyons
  • College of the Sequoias
  • Contra Costa College
  • Crafton Hills College
  • De Anza College
  • Diablo Valley College
  • East Los Angeles College
  • Evergreen Valley College
  • Foothill College
  • Gavilan College
  • Glendale Community College
  • Laney College
  • Las Positas College
  • Los Angeles City College
  • Los Angeles Harbor College
  • Los Angeles Mission College
  • Los Angeles Pierce College
  • Los Angeles Southwest College
  • Los Angeles Trade-Technical College
  • Los Angeles Valley College
  • Los Medanos College
  • Mendocino College
  • Merritt College
  • MiraCosta College
  • Mount San Antonio College
  • Palomar College
  • San Jose City College
  • Santa Ana College
  • Santa Rosa Junior College
  • Santiago Canyon College
  • West Los Angeles College
  • Any high school and college/university that partners with and/or to send electronic transcripts

If you have attended any of the above institutions, please request for your official transcript to be sent electronically to the Cal State LA Admissions Office. If a school/college/university is not listed, please plan to submit paper/hard copy of official transcript(s) directly to the University.

International Academic Records

(NOTE: The University does not accept documents/academic records for admissions related purposes via fax or email. They will be destroyed without review if received via one of these methods.)

Original international academic records/transcripts that have been opened and submitted by an applicant for admissions are no longer considered official. These records may be used for evaluation purposes, but you must also request that official transcripts from each school, college and/or university you have attended, to be sent directly to the Cal State LA Office of Admissions & Recruitment. If your institution does not issue records in English, certified English mirror/direct, word-for-word translations (not interpretations) must be submitted with the documents. To find a certified translator, visit, or go directly to the ATA search directory. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DOCUMENTS VIA FAX OR EMAIL. All submitted documents become property of the University and will not be returned to you.

SPECIAL NOTICE: We understand that certain countries only issue one original academic record and/or degree certificate to a student. If you are in this situation, please do not submit your original records to the University because they will not be returned to you. We will accept copies for initial review, but you will be required to present the original documents after admission, prior to enrollment. If your educational institution does issue multiple copies of academic records to students, please plan to submit official, original copies to the University. No exceptions will be made. 

If you will be mailing the foreign/non-US academic records directly to Cal State LA in one parcel/package via post or courier post, please include the Admission Document Submission Coversheet with the mailed packet. (NOTE: Mailed transcripts must remain sealed in an envelope by the issuing institution.)
GRADUATE PROGRAM APPLICANTS:   See next section for information regarding IERF.

International Graduate Applicants with foreign academic records - IERF

International applicants (those requiring a F/J visa to study in the US) to a graduate/postbaccalaureate program with non-US academic records/transcripts are required to submit their international documents to IERF. If you have studied at an institution outside of the US, please submit your official foreign academic records with ATA certified English translations(s) to the International Education Research Foundation (IERF) for initial evaluation.

After applying to Cal State LA, visit to create an online application requesting the "Detailed Report” to be submitted to the CSU Los Angeles-Graduate Studies. The foreign evaluation fee is $165 (USD). For steps on how to submit your foreign academic records to IERF, click here.

SAT and ACT Test Scores

If your SAT and/or ACT test scores are not listed on your high school transcript and you did not request a score report to be sent to Cal State LA, you must contact the testing agency to request the electronic scores be sent to Cal State LA. You can order your scores online from the respective testing agencies at:

The College Board SAT/AP Program - Cal State LA Code 4399

ACT Records - Cal State LA Code 0320

English Language Proficiency Exam Scores (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE)

TOEFL Test - Cal State LA Code 4399
Tests must be taken within the last two years. After two years, TOEFL scores are no longer valid.

Send scores to California State University, Los Angeles. Test Report Forms are valid for a recommended period of two years.

Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
Send scores to California State University, Los Angeles. Your score report is valid and will be available online for two years.

Where to send/submit academic documents for Admissions

By mail:
For undergraduate applicants-
Cal State LA Admissions Office
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA  90032
United States of America
For graduate applicants-
Cal State LA Admissions Office
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA  90032
United States of America
In person:

Admissions Office
Student Affairs Building, Room 101
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA  90032


Short-term metered parking is available near the Student Affairs/Administration Buildings for *$1.00/hour (1 hour maximum). (*Rate subject to change; check parking permit dispenser for latest parking rates.)

Or electronically, directly from pre-approved educational institutions and testing agencies.

(NOTE: The University does not accept documents/academic records for admissions related purposes via fax or email. They will be destroyed without review if received via one of these methods.)

All transcripts submitted to Cal State LA become University property and will not be released, or copied, except for students that request that their application be redirected to another CSU campus due to nonaccommodation.