The Vice President for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (VP-EDI) is the senior University administrator overseeing the development and implementation of the University's strategic plan for inclusive excellence. Reporting directly to the President and working in collaboration with the other Vice Presidents and senior University leaders, the VP-EDI, provides dynamic and visionary leadership to build upon the strengths of the University and develop new opportunities to fulfill the University's role as a model of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Vice President Dr. Villalpando is responsible for:
• advancing the University's equity, diversity, and inclusion goals in coordination with other Vice Presidents and academic leaders.
• launching and chairing the Presidential Commission for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
• leading the implementation of the University's commitment to Community Engaged Scholarship.
• developing and coordinating campus-wide educationsl programs and professional development opportunities to enhance cultural competency
• coordinating campus initiatives designed to enhance the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, students, and staff.
• implementing and supervising leadership development programs on equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• supervising the development of Campus Climate Studies for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• coordinating the work of College-level Equity Coordinators.
Octavio Villalpando, Ph.D.
Administration Building 713
Phone (323) 343-3800
Send email to VP-Edi Office